Excamera Gameduino 2
Gameduino 2 is a shield that adds a bright 4.3 inch touchscreen, an embedded GPU, headphone jack, accelerometer and microSD slot to your Arduino - or anything else with an SPI interface. Everything you need to create compelling games – right in your hand.
- video output is 480x272 pixels in 24-bit color
- OpenGL-style command set
- Up to 2000 sprites, any size
- 256 Kbytes of video RAM
- smooth sprite rotate and zoom with bilinear filtering
- smooth circle and line drawing in hardware - 16x antialiased
- JPEG loading in hardware
- built-in rendering of gradients, text, dials and buttons
Sound output is via an amplified headphone jack. The system supports a selection of built-in samples and instruments, and can also play samples from video memory, at up to 48KHz.
The FT800 can handle media in several formats to reduce the memory footprint:
- decodes JPEGs directly
- for lossless image loading, decompresses (zlib INFLATE) directly
- audio samples can be 8-bit linear, ulaw or ADPCM
Built into the GPU’s ROM are:
- high-quality fonts in 6 sizes
- samples of 8 musical instruments, playable by MIDI note
- samples of 10 percussion sounds
and of course you can load your own fonts and audio samples into the 256KB RAM.
- The Gameduino 2 library and tools are available at Gameduino 2 code
- For development discussion, there is a forum http://gameduino2.proboards.com/
- The PCB schematics and layout are here. Here is the FAQ for troubleshooting and setup help.
- German Review @ Arduino-Praxis: http://arduino-praxis.ch/2014/03/testbericht-gameduino-2/
PLAY-ZONE is an official Distributor of ExCamera
Powered by Magento extensions